Tuesday 5 June 2012

4 June 2012 - By popular demand

Chillax people!!

I didn't miss an entry, I was away in Dublin enjoying a well-deserved long weekend. I am touched by the emails I received asking why there was nothing to read on 4 June - this belated post is dedicated to those enthusiastic readers. Also, no offence, but I think some of you need to get out more... ;-)

I did no cooking this weekend (I don't think the B&B owners would have been impressed if I had just taken over in the kitchen) but The Editor and I did do some serious chomping, so here is my photo diary of three days of marvellous munchables.

Friday dinner - prawn sandwich and crisps, Inn by the Harbour, Ballycotton. Check out the size of the prawns! So plump and pink and yummy. And you can't argue with cheese and onion crinkle-cut chips as an accompaniment. Also formed an excellent foundation for an evening's drinking.


Saturday lunch - strawberry and chocolate crepe, farmers market, Howth. No explanation required.


Saturday dinner - trio of pasta to share, Carluccio's, Dublin. The Editor and I ordered a bottle of prosecco and shared three pasta dishes - Spaghetti Carbonara, Penne Amatriciana and Tortellini di Cervo (stuffed with braised venison). They were all delicious, but the venison was to die for. 


Sunday breakfast - cheese omelette, Number 31, Dublin. The Editor and I are in love with this gorgeous B&B and are now coming up with any excuse to visit Dublin so that we can enjoy their breakfasts - the best in Ireland. 


Sunday lunch - Ramen noodle soup, Yamimori, Dublin. Outside it was pouring rain and freezing cold, so this bowl of hot broth filled with goodies like boiled egg, fried tofu, chicken pork and prawns was perfect. It's also nice to eat food that doesn't contain butter and sugar. 




Sunday dinner - I love Baileys, The Editor loves Guinness. They make a cute couple, don't you think?


Monday lunch - Antipasti and Duck fat potatoes, Avoca cafe,  Rathcoole. I dream about these potatoes when we're back in Melbourne. The Editor thinks they are dangerously crispy as he nearly choked to death on one once, but frankly, that just leaves more for moi. 



Monday afternoon - chocolate eclair, Avoca takeaway, barely made it to the car park. This was a giant chocolate eclair but then the Editor charged at it like a raging bison and the only photo I got was of the empty box. You can take that as a sign of its deliciousness.


No comments:

Post a Comment