Friday 20 July 2012

20 July 2012

I cannot believe today was my last day of cooking school. I am sad, tired, relieved and full (literally, I had a huge lunch). I expect there will be tears at the farewell dinner this evening - warm buttery tears falling in fat droplets down chubby cheeks ...

Today we had a full day of written exams. The first exam was ok, the second was better, the third exam was hilariously awful - I had a massive brain block and couldn't remember anything. Then I struggled through the meat and fish identification - at one point I was staring at a piece of meat and all I was certain of was that it came from something that 'mooed'. Was is shin? Chump? Rib? Fillet? Sirloin? Could I just write 'cow' and get a point? I was slightly beyond caring - it was the sixth hour of exams, my wrist hurt from writing and I was in desperate need of a drink. Thank God The Editor arrived to pick me up with a bottle of champagne (Bless him). 

And so ends my 12 week adventure at Ballymaloe cookery school. I have had a fantastic time, met some amazing people, cooked some great food, (also some edible food and some slightly dodgy food) and most importantly, I managed to get through the three months without actually bursting the seam of my chef pants (although they are groaning). 

The diet starts tomorrow. 
Goodbye Ballymaloe
Goodbye Ballycotton
p.s. Thank you all for reading. 
p.p.s. Stay tuned for more Plumpcious Abroad adventures ... 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Well done on a stellar 3 months intensive cooking and writing. Loved every minute of your adventures in food! xxx

    ReplyDelete