Tuesday 3 July 2012

3 July 2012

I'll keep this snappy - I have a major wine exam tomorrow at 8am and unfortunately cracking open a bottle of Prosecco does not constitute studying.

Today I made glazed loin of bacon with Cumberland sauce (sugar-crusted piggy drizzled with boozy citrusy sauce), Cauliflower salad with French dressing (which involved steaming the cauliflower, dipping each floret in dressing and then reassembling it ... yes, seriously), Peach Melba (peaches, raspberry sauce and vanilla ice cream ... heaven) and caramel to go on my creme brulee from yesterday (there was certainly a crack when I bit into it, but I'm not sure that wasn't my tooth).  I have brought home a larger creme brulee to share with The Editor this evening which I will dust with sugar and put under the grill (sadly I left my blowtorch in Australia ... who would have thought that would come in handy?!) If only I had thought to bring home some bacon for a study snack ... oink. 





How adorable is the tiny jug?!
Give me a fork and leave me alone for half an hour ... 
Today we learned how to cook: Chargrilled squid with chilli and parsley oil, Squid with garlic butter, Thai squid salad, How to pan-grill a duck breast, Pan-grilled duck breast with kumquat compote, Duck breast with spiced lentils and caramelised apples, Duck breast with cabbage, Duck breast with five spice powder and mango sambal, Ragout of duck wings, Confit de canard, Rustic potatoes with Rosemary, Gujerati-style green beans, Puy lentil and walnut salad with pomegranate molasses, Passionfruit mousse with sugared strawberries, Chocolate cases filled with silky chocolate mousse, River cafe caramel ice-cream, Caramel ice-cream with caramel sauce and bananas, Brandy snap baskets, Chocolates with banana walnuts rum and raisins, Chocolates with grapes and kirsch, and Chocolates with raspberries. 

P.S. Happy birthday Yianni!!

No comments:

Post a Comment