Wednesday 9 May 2012

9 May 2012

This morning we were shown how to make butter, cream, yoghurt, buttermilk, cream cheese, paneer, labneh, cottage cheese and Gouda. It's amazing how many things you can make with milk!


The heart-shaped sweet cheese in the back left corner is called a Coeur a la Creme, a traditional French dessert. The teacher suggested it might be something you would serve if you wanted to 'bring on a marriage proposal'. Alternatively, as it is made with cream cheese, whipped cream and sugar, it might be something you serve to an elderly person you have grown tired of ('bring on an ambulance'). 

This afternoon we were shown how to make flavoured oils, vinegars and preserved lemons. We also made about a dozen different types of biscuits and slices. For this reason, I have now started attending a Pilates class. I have also started doing squats while watching tv and lunges as I wait for the kettle to boil. You may ask why I just don't stop eating all the food at school? ... It's too delicious.  Tomorrow I may add a few sit-ups before the toaster pops so that I don't start wobbling like a creme caramel.

It is now nearly 11pm and I need to get a good night's sleep so that I may face tomorrow's first challenge with a clear head ... I have to joint a chicken, and as much as I would like to take a running leap at it with a cleaver yelling 'Haaaa-Ya!!' in the style of Miss Piggy, it's probably best not to. Stay tuned for the photos of the carnage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment